Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Adenomyosis

Finally took the time to look at my Ultrasound report...

Conclusion:

1. Adnexal abnormalities consistent with extensive endometriosis.
2. Uterine findings consistent with adenomyosis.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/Adenomyosis/DS00636/DSECTION=symptoms

Ha. That explains a lot! (Like why I can hardly stand to wear pants that touch my lower abdomen these days, even though I've lost weight.) Adenomyosis: A severe type of Endometriosis that affects the Uterus.
Well. The crazy thing is, as much discomfort as I've been in, and changes I've noticed, I didn't really pay attention. I probably wouldn't have bothered to mention it or ask for the ultrasound if I wasn't actually trying to prove that I was sick. I'm so used to feeling awful, I hardly notice it anymore when new things come up or get worse. I just do the best I can to cope with it and enjoy the time when I don't have to.

Will have to do more research later, tired now. But so grateful I don't want biological kids, because if I did, I think I'd be really stressed/upset right now. Reading the report from my surgery, it actually says my uterus was okay back then. But now, from the little reading I've done, doesn't sound like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!