Sunday, November 13, 2011

Testing, Testing...

Yay! The girls are okay! I've been tired since, so it's taken me a couple of days to get to this.
It was a long day. I forgot that I didn't remember how to get there (even though this would be the third time, as I had an ultrasound there, and it shares a parking/driveway with the SSA hearing building where I had to go in May for my hearing) so that got a little complicated, fortunately only involving some stress and getting off on the wrong exit to find the address and enter it into my cell phone's GPS. (It's so hard to imagine life w/o Mapquest, Google Maps, & GPS, isnt' it? It actually surprises me when I stop to think how I used to get around w/all the driving to new places I used to do when I was well and I remember that I used to carry a Thomas Guide in my car and plot the directions on my own! Mind blowing! Haha! Anyone remember Thomas Guide coordinates? Located at H22 in your Thomas Guide! LOL!)

Anyhow, though I will never recommend having your boobs squashed by a robotic machine in every which direction, I have to say that I was pretty impressed by the rest of the experience. There was a separate section of the radiology department especially for Women's Breast Imaging. The staff was wonderful, & all female. There is a separate waiting area after you change into your robe, complete with munchies, tea, cocoa, & water. My radiology tech was a bit on the serious side, but she did keep up a constant chatter, which was a nice distraction, and she was very kind, offering me a blanket, while I waited between tests and while I was waiting for the doctor to look over them, she get me another one, graham crackers, and some water (I'd mentioned I was hungry, because my stomach kept growling). That took awhile, but it was fine, because I was lying down comfortably during the wait, although it WAS at that point that I got a bit nervous and realized I really, really didn't want to have cancer. I got to thinking, and it would mean ever so many more trips to the doctors and hospital, and tests like these, ugh! Yes, I'll stick to the illnesses I have, thank you very much, even if no one gives a damn about them, I can't get disability benefits, help from my loved ones, proper medical care without a ton of effort, if at all, and I'll likely soon be homeless. Wait. Cancer is starting to sound good again. Just kidding.
So I wouldn't say it was a good experience, but I am definitely grateful to the people who thought up these types of centers and all the people who give so much TLC and kindness to the women they serve.

Monday, I'm off to the Neurologist. I'd be looking forward to that, since she can hopefully get me some help and evidence about my cervical spine issues that have been bugging so much lately and SSA misinterpreted, as well as potentially get me some further diagnostics and treatment for the Autonomic Dysfunction. Except that I'm totally broke, and am not sure I have enough gas to get back home after I get there! Oy. Cashflow is definitely going to be an issue this week. As well as being out of gas, I'm running out of vital supplements. Ran out of my probiotics, which has my stomach up in arms. All gurgly and yuck.( I see stomach flu symptoms and many trips to the bathroom threatening.) Also out of my ginger candy for nausea & queasiness (fortunately they take foodstamps for that) so I have to go get some more, I'm gonna need it more than usual... Took the last of my enzymes that were keeping my sinus issues at bay. Oh, and I realized the reason for all that wacky tiredness? Sinus infection, duh. Ever since I started taking the Epivir, my system can keep them at bay (rather than my being knocked on my butt, miserable, feverish, exhausted & tachy) but not quite fight them off. (I'm still tapering it off, so dunno if it's still working or if it's had a permanent good effect on my immune system.) I had gotten my PA to write me an Rx for antibiotics because I suspected I had an infection, but was saving it for if it got really bad, cuz half the time, antibiotics make me feel just as sick as what they're treating. (I hadn't realized that it was probably causing the really bad fatigue, although I had other bothersome symptoms.) So I was all ready to go get it filled finally, but then I realized it costs about $20 more than I have, ugh. My phone is due this week, Mom's b-day's Saturday, electricity next week, and no cash, yikes. Oh well, just have to see how it goes... Hopefully I can manage to sell off some furniture I've had listed. Stupid people keep e-mailing me about buying them then never getting back to me...starting to think someone is just messing with me...maybe those scammers have changed their tactics and are waiting to see your e-mail address (to see if you've told them off before) before they offer to send you that check for $5000 that you just have to cash for them (cuz it's counterfeit)? It's just weird how many responses I've gotten and not one of them follows up!

Well, at least it's been a nice weekend. Ever since I figured out the sinus thing, I gave in and just let myself rest, and best of all, not pushed myself to do anything that requires pushing myself to do it. (Which is just about everything most people do on a daily basis.) Such a luxury...I think I'll go get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!