Friday, November 11, 2011

Are Pets a Luxury?

Are Pets a Luxury? | Care2 Healthy Living

Interesting arguments. I think pets need us as much as we need them. I really can't see chihuahuas and pomeranians fending for themselves, around here, or in any other environment. Here, they'd be dinner for the coyotes...cats might fare better, but from experience, not for long. We give them food, they give us love...company, and the gift (for us as well) of loving them back; and yes, sometimes, a reason to get up in the morning, as I'm sure many of us with chronic illness can testify, lol. :)


Funny, not sure if I mentioned it, but my primary care provider actually told me to get one! I miss my kitty so, almost a year now. I wouldn't mind getting a new pet at all, but the allergies make things much more complicated. (For those of you who don't already know, I, like many other people w/CFS/FM, suddenly became allergic to my cat of 10 years a few years bac, my doctor says it makes sense as the part of the immune system that's wiggy in us is the same that overreacts to cause allergies, or something like thatk. Nothing could make me give her up though, it would've been like giving up my child.) Maybe I'll hit the adoption website again and see if I can convince anyone to let me foster a less hairy version...so I can see if it makes a difference (besides, then they take care of all the vet bills, and it would be a good deed, giving them a home until they find a forever one, if I can't cope long-term).

What about you out there, chronically ill or not, feel free to share how a pet has enriched your life! I never get tired of pet stories.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!