Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to Ease the Pain of Isolation During the Holidays | Psychology Today

How to Ease the Pain of Isolation During the Holidays | Psychology Today

Totally feel this article! I've done the crying thing myself...One time when my heart was acting up, & I couldn't drink, everyone was dancing, and it was one of the few times in years where it seemed just like old times with my family, and I'd finally come to love the music of my culture and the dancing, but I couldn't drink, so my joints were all stiff and I could feel my muscles burning and had to give up. I got so upset... Hate having to leave to go lie down too, which is another reason I wanted my family here, plenty of room for lounging in my living room, which is open & next to the dining room, so even if I can't finish eating or feel sick I could go recline & still be with the family. I've discovered that though I do have to lie down sometimes, no choice, if I can still have people around it makes it less awful. Unless I've tired myself out completely of course, then like the author of this article...time to go...

Don't have to worry about that this year though! Kinda nice, no more doctor's appointments this week, either my PT clinic got confused and cancelled the appointment I had for tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!