Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thank Goodness!

My day went better than planned. I felt uncomfortable most of the morning & early afternoon, but nothing like the hell of this past weekend. Maybe knocking myself out did me good. Maybe I needed some rest. Or maybe it was the tons of extra-salty double concentrated broth, the huge doses of B-12, some iron...whatever it was, I am so, so, so grateful. I even managed to eat! I was kind of scared to, but I found some stuff, managed to throw it in a pan & throw in the oven, and ate it, without a post-meal flare up. I tried to take it easy, but I felt rebellious and put together my laptop cart that I picked up a couple of days ago. Fortunately the directions were ridiculous detailed, all the parts painstakingly labelled, and it was easy enough to do sitting on the couch! I did get the base backwards, so the larger part of it was sticking out instead of sliding neatly under my bed, but still. It's really wonderful. I can lie down flat, not have to hold anything on my lower abdomen (which aggravates either my Interstitial Cystitis, Endometriosis, or both.) or have to lie in awkward positions sideways w/the lap desk. The only problem? Nowhere to put my elbows, unless I can jam a pillow or something under them, my upper back still starts to kill. It's still fabulous though, doesn't get all hot, either!

Well. I almost feel guilty for complaining so much, as I've realized there are people who live this non-stop. Sure, I always have some degree of limitation, can't stand long w/o feeling ill, sometimes can't even sit long (except in a recliner, those are recommended for us w/POTS actually, something about not letting your legs get as deconditioned) and I get tired at a rate way ridiculous compared to normal people, but now I totally see why I felt like I was used to POTS and it wasn't as bad now; today was so incredibly bearable compared to this past weekend! Weak as a kitten, chest pain, trouble breathing, strange sensations, the fear of eating, when you add those all on it's a whole different ballgame, so I just wanted to tell anyone out there who has to deal with POTS on this level on a day to day basis, you are totally my heroes. Hang in there.

Ahk, neck is starting to bug even w/the cart, ah, well. A little better is better than nothing! I've also been exploring Accessibility features on Windows this weekend, like, Speech Recognition & Text to Speak. I was SO excited about the Speech Recognition, because my hands are threatening lately (had problems w/my wrists/hands since I was 20, younger even.) but when I finished the practice and went to use it live, it could not understand crap! Text to Speech is mainly meant for the blind, but I constantly have tabs open for stuff I've researched but got too tired to read, so i can't wait to try it on that!

Oh, finally, getting sleepy. Important Dr.'s appt tmo at a UC Clinic. Was reading they may have a Chiropractor! Oh how my TMJ would love that! My atlas is all messed up, and it affects my jaw, which is always cracking and popping out. No, thank goodness, not like dislocated, just a little bit, I just have to wiggle my jaw/mouth around a bit or open & close it, and it crunches back into a more suitable position.

So much to ask for. Referrals, referrals, referrals. Neuro for POTS, labs, Ortho, anything that will help me, physically or mentally, or legally. Hopefully I'll have better luck there than at the last clinic... Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing a little better. I so agree with you that those who have severe ME or other chronic illnesses are heroes. Everyday ... every hour!

    Hope you doctor appointment goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dominique! Glad to see you around still :) Yup, you're right, not just POTS, FM/ME, all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Input, input! Tell me what you think!