Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Insurance Barriers to Fibromyalgia

I saw this at the fightingfatigue.org blog, but I thought it was too important not to pass on:

Survey on Insurance Barriers to Fibromyalgia

From the American Pain Foundation:

"Insurance Barriers to Fibromyalgia

Inappropriate barriers created by insurance plans for pain coverage is a growing concern for individuals living with pain, their loved ones and caregivers. APF is aware of unfair delays in coverage due to unreasonable policies created by some insurance companies that you, your family or your employer may not be aware of. In order to better understand and serve you, we ask that you complete the following survey. This survey is geared toward those with fibromyalgia as a special focus."

I know personally, right now, I would be getting physical therapy if I possibly could...it helps get and keep pain under control, cuts back on pain meds, improves quality of life, and in the end saves my insurance money! But it's not considered a regular office visit, so I'd have to meet my $2,000 deductible first, and then only have 80% covered...

I'm hoping something will be done to move us towards universal healthcare in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!