Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hair Loss in CFS/FM

Great article by Doctor Teitelbaum (one of my fav CFS docs).

Wish I could have read it a year ago! So grateful my hair's not falling out anymore, and has even seemed to grow back in. While it wasn't coming out in chunks, like from chemo, I could run my fingers through my hair and enough strands would come off that it would be alarming. The carpet was lined with a film of my hair (getting help vacuuming usually takes months around here) as was the bathroom tile, even though I would clean it up often, and it even ended up in the fridge and on the stove & counters, eww. (Those I cleaned right when I noticed, but it kept happening.) It was a little alarming, and icky, too.

Thankfully, it's all better, but just in case any of you are suffering the same symptom, now you know you're not alone and there are some things to consider/try :)

http://www.endfatigue.com/health_articles_f-n_2/Hair-treating_hair_loss_in_cfs_fibromyalgia.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!