Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hope and optimism are back!

And this has been a day-long thing, as opposed to after I take my muscle relaxant & other meds, hehe. I think perhaps it's the Ashwaghanda I started taking again. (My stress tolerance was so ridiculous I was walking around feeling stressed out for no reason at all! Very uncomfortable, makes you wanna jump outta your own skin! And cranky! I hate being cranky!) But suddenly, everything seems possible, and I feel hopeful and can't wait till Monday to start DOING stuff. Just wanted to share, seeing as how so many of my posts last year were kinda downers...

I'm actually toying w/the idea of adding a CFS video blog...It occurred to me that not only would it be good for people to see that a chronically ill person can look just like everyone else, but that it could be good for ME to see me talking about it. I seem to have trouble with acceptance and guilt...incredibly, after all these years, I still seem to be in denial sometimes...and it causes me to feel guilty, and a bit ashamed, that I haven't been able to fix myself...and it's utterly ridiculous but...

So we'll see how that develops...For now...Hopeful & Optimistic are the words! :)

3 comments:

  1. What's Ashwaghanda? I'm a creature of great stress, so anything that lessens it sounds fab to me!

    Glad hope and optimism are on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashwagandha is this amazing herb whose most obvious effect for me is to put a cap on my stress levels. When I take it, I can feel that stressed out feeling coming on, but it just stops before it gets past normal... I remember most, when I still worked, I'd be running a bit late, and normally I'd be SO stressed out the entire drive. But while on this herb, I would think, "Man, I'm late! Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now, so I might as well enjoy the drive". Such a relief, cuz I think this illness has me so worn out, I get through the roof stressed over nothing!

    Here are some links:

    http://www.ayurvediccure.com/ashwagandha.htm

    http://www.cfs-healing.info/database.htm

    http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=5115&t=CFIDS_FM

    Oh, just one warning: it can also rev up your sex drive...they should totally prescribe this stuff to people on anti-depressants that affect their libido, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I hadn't realized it could be good for immune support and pain and has anti-inflammatory properties as well!

    On the other hand, when my Endometriosis was worse, I did notice it seemed to aggravate it, so another word of caution there...

    ReplyDelete

Input, input! Tell me what you think!