Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another Reprieve

So I got up  tomorrow yesterday (fog!) fighting the fatigue with every ounce of my being, because my friend was coming over to help me pack. I somehow forced myself into action, inducing a spell of tachycardia, which really doesn't bother me as much anymore as it used to, and right before I was going to call someone to get some more definitive information about whether there was any chance I might not have to move in 3 days, I looked up the sale date one last time online, and found out the foreclosure sale had been postponed, again, for another month! Same reaction as last time, simultaneous irritation (coupled with an urge to scream) and relief, or something like it. I still haven't sold any of my stuff, still recovering a bit from last week's manifestation of what I have concluded to be the Coxsackie virus, and exhausted from attempting to subdue a massive flea infestation...So gross, I actually vacuumed pretty much the entire place, fear of inducing months of pain and discomfort from my screwy back be damned. (Not only am I totally grossed out, as anyone would be, by the site of the dozen fleas that jump on my socks and legs everytime I got up to get something, but with my immune system so wacky, and knowing they can transmit parasites...eww. Not what I need!)

My friend was over by then, and bless her, she helped me vacuum again, and kept me company while I started the laundry (didn't want to risk any hiding bugaboos in my dirty laundry re-infesting the place.) Later, I went to the store, finally made it to my beloved TJ's before closing, and by the time I got home, I felt like every muscle in my body was spazzing out. (Unusually humid weather for Southern California probably also not helping.)

But thank goodness, I have time to rest now! I was annoyed yesterday because I finally felt like I had most everything figured out, and now have to re-work it all. I got my P.O. Box, had reservations for a truck and storage, most of my breakables packed...and the timing for going to visit my cousin worked out perfectly. ( A couple of weeks before her kids got home from visiting their father to rest up and get in a better mindset. I used to adore kids, and them me, but nowadays, they just overwhelm me, and I can't seem to get a handle on how to relate to them...but maybe it's just from lack of practice?) Oh well, we'll see how it pans out. I guess it will work out better, as I will have more money (provided I sell the stuff!) may not have to stay at my brother's before I leave, and have time to take care of business like getting to my rheumy for refills, make the county pay for my PT they are trying to weasel out of, talk to my attorney, and yell at Social Security about why they haven't sent my attorney their files yet (or whatever else I can think of that will make me feel better about their failure to make good on using my tax dollars to help me in my time of need).

Plus, this gives me more time to earn miles! Okay, first rest is priority, I'm horrible at it, and today I think I felt the fever coming back. I still look like an off-color spotted duck, and the spots had turned darker (and freakier looking!) are itching and sensitive to the touch now (almost like blisters). (I did manage to fade them a bit by soaking them tonight though...)

Also, my brother is talking about coming up with a plan to help me with my quest to get better, although it might have made more sense say, sometime in the last 4 years when I actually had a free place to live, but that's something...Honestly, at this point, all I want is to be somewhere stress-free and peaceful with the occasional person to make me laugh. I really think that would be the best medicine...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!