Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Miles and Miles to go...

Before I sleep? Well, that was kind of the case this weekend. I got seriously obsessed with learning everything possible about the art of Travel Hacking. Fascinating, really. The more I learn, the more accessible traveling feels to me. Well, in the financial sense at least. Obviously, I won't be flying far or often unless I get a bit healthier. But 2 hour flights to see friends & family? Not only could I manage that (possibly with some FM-amplified jet-lag, but I can hang...) but it might actually do my health some good in the long run! (Being broke, sick, alone and steeped in mine & everyone else's unhappy is not a good balm for any ailment, I think!) And who knows, if I get REALLY good at this travel-hacking stuff, maybe I can manage some trips to have a real vacation, preferably somewhere with a good alternative health facility nearby, or even just the straight trip to the alternative health facility.

My dream place, if I could get the local rate, is this little hot springs resort in South America that did wonders for me in the day I spent there years back.

It's picturesque, the waters are magically healing, lots of international travelers (to meet or just observe in shock; like the ones wearing a singlet and a speedo last time I went...) a doctor on staff, massage/physiotherapists, cozy cabins with fireplaces, amazing grounds complete with flowing river at the foot of a volcano...and a yummy restaurant that serves organic veggies grown on the grounds. I bet it wouldn't be hard to find an authentic native-american shaman close by, either. (Cuz at this point, my soul needs as much healing as my body, if not more! Call me crazy, but if a mini-healing from a shaman in the OC can make me feel so amazingly different, at least for a bit, I can't even imagine what a natively-born and taught one could do!) It's a couple of hours outside the city though, so after the flight, I'd definitely have to stay in the capital to recover, then endure a couple hour drive the next day, but it'd be worth it I think...

Dreams, dreams, dreams. Well someone like me can't survive without them, and most of my old ones went down the drain years ago, when I found I couldn't get well, along with my 20s. So I shall dream...

If you'd like to help, consider clicking on the image in the right sidebar that says "Become a Travel Hacker". It costs a dollar to sign up for a 14 day free trial, and if you do sign up, I will get bonus miles to put towards my plane tickets/lodging! Or click this link: bit.ly/M12NQY
(If you have decent credit, it's actually ridiculously easy to rack up miles, but being chronically ill can make you chronically broke if you can't work, and the thousands of dollars of medical bills from when I lost my insurance don't help. but I still found a debit card and a secured card that earn some miles, woo!)

Many thanks! And who knows, maybe you'll discover some of your own dreams are closer than you think!
Oh! I finally got around to revamping the site! I wanted a lighter feel, and after a bit of tweaking, I found it. Yay! Changed the name, too, so, still the same author, same blog, just different look and name. Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!