Thursday, May 3, 2012

Niacin for Anxiety? Who knew!

Niacin's Benzodiazepine-like Properties, a Case Study

Too good not to share. Right now I'm taking GABA because I've recently developed severe general anxiety so bad I couldn't even deal (who wouldn't, living like I have been for the past several years! And especially the last one!) and it works great, but it still weirds me out a little, because I don't quite know how it works (not that I'm not super thankful that it does, and WELL) though I did read about it at some point, and I'm not sure anyone does completely, since it's just a supplement... (But then how many drugs go on the market every day without enough testing or with faked/biased studies supporting them? I'd say the gamble's about the same!)

So yeah, I'd way rather take Niacin. (Fits in as part of Dr. Myhill's Mitochondrial Energy dealio, too, only thing I'm missing is the D-Ribose, which I think gives me tachycardia anyhow.) The only question would be, what effect will Niacinamide have on my orthostatic hypotension/blood pressure? I was taking it to see if it'd help my energy a couple of weeks back, and I seem to remember being really sleepy during that time, and sleeping well at night! Nice! What a luxury a good night's sleep seems to be lately...Heavenly... Love hearing about stuff like this, imagine, simple cheap vitamins we need anyhow instead of addictive drugs! I feel like we're making great strides in that area. Good job researchers! Now if we could just get them to stop with the stupid names for crappy illnesses, like our fav, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, and the one I learned today, Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome. Not sure which sounds worse! (I mean, seriously? THAT'S what you want to call something that makes you feel like you're suffocating only you apparently are getting oxygen but can't use it (last post, first link) so you feel like you must either be dying or going crazy?) Okay, sorry for the rant. It's late, and I'm exhausted from filling out forms for Medicaid to see if I can get help cleaning this place cuz I can't manage much of anything lately...I think that's been one of the most annoying things about being sick and broke-- all the damned forms one has to fill out just to get help you need to get by, jeez! I so hope they approve me...probably help my case, AND then I will still have some health coverage if/when I have to move out of this county and lose my county medical program coverage...Fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!