Thursday, April 22, 2010

B.E.D. Notes

Now that I'm comfy (or getting there) in bed, I remembered I did want to note a couple of things about my Body Ecology Diet experience.

First, still itching on all four quadrants of my body, elbows, knees, random areas. Also some burning behind my knees. Not as bad as before though.

Also, I'm toying with an idea. I was reading an article on the B.E.D. website about adrenal fatigue, and it struck me that one of the things I have not tried that is mentioned all over in regards to adrenal fatigue is going to bed early!!!!!

Well, that just has never been easy for me. Even when working, and run down by a flare of FM/relapse of CFS, 11pm was early for me. But I keep reading that the adrenals do the most repair between 9pm and 1am. Sigh...

On the bright side, I am waking up early more often these days. And I do now have all my meds that will help me sleep again...maybe it's worth a try, to start aiming for, say... 11pm?

My gut tells me this adrenal thing is a big deal w/me...not just my gut, experience. I've had problems retaining electrolytes, my pupils act weird, the whoel POTS low/orthostatic bp problems, the fact that I've been given adrenal supplements before and been helped by them when nothing else was working, and that I can't handle ANY kind of stress these days. (It's not lost on me that having a roof over my head that it's not my responsibility to pay for, I could be doing so much with my time and what little energy I had...only I have no energy and I get overwhelmed by the most ridiculous things...even stuff I love and was looking forward to doing...)

So maybe it's worth a shot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!