Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello!

My name is Jennifer, and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few years back, at the age of 23, and then with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at the age of 29. I am now 30, and find myself having to re-adjust, yet again. See, I guess I always thought I would get better, but the opposite is happening. I am now finding that facing the realities of my limitations and finding a way to live a good life within my new landscape is quite a challenge. I'm finding tools out there, but the funny thing is, no one ever really told me about them! I can't help but think there are a lot of people like me out there, especially those in young adulthood who had all kinds of expectations of what their life would be like, and like me, are finding there is a need to redefine those expectations.

Anyhow, I think I have something to share, not just in what I am learning now, but because I have been blogging about FM and CFS for years now on MySpace, and have had positive responses from people in the FM community. I just wanted to move it here, where I can reach a broader audience of people with FM or who want to see what I have to share, both with Fibro or CFS, anyone who wants to understand what life is really like for someone with chronic illness.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!