Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy New Year!

Everyone! Well, things finally worked out, aside from some unpleasant surprises, such as, that one does not get one's entire retroactive Disability backpay in a lump sum...but, resourceful (and okay, maybe a bit desperate at the time!) girl that I am, I found a way to get a more reasonable amount.

Although my birthday still left a little something to be desired (I was too exhausted, family having issues) Thanksgiving was nice, and then, for the first time ever, I got to participate in BLACK FRIDAY shopping! Yessir. My feet, which seem to have taken to getting sprained on a whim, notwithstanding, and the pressure being on that while I have a money now, it's not going to last forever, so I'd best be prudent with it, I just couldn't pass up Black Friday. Yes, by the time I was done at Costco, I was a wiz at maneuvering a scooter around holiday shoppers. (Pretty much like L.A. driving; defensive but aggressive. Zoom zoom! Make way! My dignity restored by a much firmer grasp on hope and increased buying power, I didn't give a darn about the usual people looking at me with judgment in their rude stares, I even had the nerve to stare an older not-so gentleman down who kept openly staring at me at me as if I was personally offending him somehow.)

Anyhow, long story short, I made up for all the missed Christmases and birthdays, caught up on a whole lot of bills and urgent financial matters, and even got me some furniture, not to mention some help CLEANING, my daughter of a clean freak who became disabled and got depressed because she couldn't keep up w/the cleaning's dream come true!

As wonderful as it was, it was probably the hardest challenge of the year. I was a mess. I woke up so tired I wanted to die every day. I would sweat profusely at the slightest activity. And the neuropathic foot pain, so excruciating! I started just buying things w/o being sure it was what I wanted, because I could, and I was so tired. Only that made more work for me later, having to return things... I was running on pure will-power.

And now, as I feared, that I've tried to slow down, it's a crash. I'm so exhausted. The neuropathic issues are getting more annoying. All too often my feet or hands are burning, tingling, freezing...of course, the foot pain, and a new thing. My right thumb has started randomly going numb. Not tingly, not falling asleep, completely numb. I have a blister on my foot that doesn't hurt, and I don't know how it even got there.

Have to wait  a bit for another payment to start going full speed ahead on my quest for health. I've taken babysteps for now. Looking into Small Fiber Neuropathy...Lots of supplements, which I will go onto later...Just wanted to update...More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!