Saturday, December 10, 2011

Disautonomia (Dysautonomia in Spanish!)

I am SO excited. I just found these amazing links about Dysautonomia in Spanish! They are actually better than many links & info I've found in English, they even go as far as to describe how it affects one's social life, because we can seem fine at a party and then once we're exhausted, we're kaput! So if you're bilingual or si habla espanol, share/compartanlo, por favor!

Disautonomia (This one has pics at the bottom of ways to push blood up or keep it from pooling in one's extremities, the last one kinda demonstrates how I've managed to do some of the dishes lately, lol!)

Here's a second one:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disautonom%C3%ADa

Now if my family members and Spanish speaking friends would just read this, lol. Maybe then they'd stop assuming I'm lazy, crazy, anti-social, or a pill-popper. (It's like seriously? Did you not know me at all before I got sick?) Okay, well maybe a little crazy, but aren't we all? (I didn't do well on a trip to South America to visit family, which as one of the articles points out, makes sense due to the elevation making things worse.) Some of my friends on the other hand, decided not to come to my birthday party, which I suspect is because I've missed so many of their parties the last couple of years that I've been sicker, but then, they've also made it clear that they don't believe I'm sick so...Ah well, what are you gonna do? Just keep on keepin' on...and make the best of the little things. Even if they are little tiny things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!