Friday, October 8, 2010

Reactivation of Herpes Family Viruses with Epilepsy Drug

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67O4QQ20100825

Why is this relevant you might ask? Well, the Herpes family of viruses is not what most people imagine, namely the STD. The Herpes family of viruses includes the virus that causes Chickenpox, Shingles, and Mononucleosis (Epstein Barr).

Interestingly, I took Neurontin for severe foot pain (which I now believe was in part due to blood pooling, and exacerbated by the overproduction of pain chemicals common in Fibromyalgia) and while I had expected for my other symptoms to improve during that time, as I was finally able to rest and de-stress (it was when I first moved in with my Dad) I actually got weaker, sicker, and generally worse...
(Incidentally, it was suspected had Epstein Barr about 15 years ago.)

Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input, input! Tell me what you think!